Everything is Marketing
I recently finished listening to Rework, a book Kevin Larabee of MBSC and the FitCast recommended for me. One of the great take aways from the book, and there were many, was on marketing.
“everything is marketing”
The authors, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, make the point that marketing is not a process or a department. It is everything we do.
– Every time we greet a new customer, it’s marketing
– Every time we send an email, it’s marketing
– Every time you answer the phone, it’s marketing
– Every workout is marketing
– How you dress is marketing
– Hello is marketing, good bye is marketing
Try to remind yourself that marketing is not one persons job, it is everyone’s job. An unreturned phone call is a huge marketing mistake. Slow follow up is a huge marketing mistake. Don’t take the customers for granted.
If you get a chance, pick up ReWork. It’s a great read or a great listen.